In the first instance please discuss your complaint with the staff member concerned. Where the issue cannot be resolved at this stage, please contact Sue Bowe Practice Manager or Claire Large Assistant Practice Manager, who will try to resolve the issue and offer you further advice on the complaints procedure.

How to make a formal complaint

If your problem cannot be resolved at this stage and you wish to make a formal complaint, please let us know as soon as possible, ideally within a matter of days. This will enable the practice to get a clear picture of the circumstances surrounding the complaint.

If it is not possible to raise your complaint immediately, please let us have details of your complaint within the following timescales:

  • Within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem


  • Within 12 months from when the complaint comes to your notice.

The Practice will acknowledge your complaint within three working days.

When the practice looks into your complaint it aims to:

  • Ascertain the full circumstances of the complaint
  • Make arrangements for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this
  • Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate
  • Identify what the practice can do to make sure the problem does not happen again.

Directly to the Practice

You can make a complaint in person, via the telephone, or using this online form.

Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please note that the Waterloo Medical Centre keeps strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, the practice needs to know that you have their permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be required, unless they are incapable of providing this due to illness or disability.

Complaining To Other Authorities

The practice management team hope that if you have a problem you will use the Practice Complaints Procedure. However, if you feel you cannot raise your complaint with us you can contact either of the following organisations:

NHS England Complaints Team

By post

NHS England
PO Box 16738
B97 9PT
Email :
Telephone : 0300 311 2233

NHS Complaints Advocacy Service

This is a national service that supports people who want to make a complaint about their NHS care or treatment.

More information can be found on their website: or by calling 0300 330 5454


If you remain unsatisfied with the response you received from the practice or third party above, you can refer your complaint to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsmen who investigates complaints about the NHS England.

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower

Telephone number: 0345 015 4033
Textphone (minicom): 0300 061 4298

Local Services, Let
Lowther Pavilion Private physiotherapist in Lancaster